This program is tailored to your needs and may include advanced techniques and procedures that go beyond the basic information contained in The Gift of Dyslexia, by Ron Davis. The following outline contains many of the aspects of this program:
- The Davis Dyslexia Correction® Program is a highly effective set of corrective procedures and techniques that identifies and treats the cause of the learning disability.
- Provides a program different from others. These methods address the root cause of learning disabilities and not just the symptoms.
- The Program corrects the learning disability using the natural strengths and talents of the individual’s personal thinking and learning style.
- This Program is intensive and fun.
- Other remediation and therapy programs will work better and faster with the tools provided in this Program.
- Motivation is a key factor in the success of the Program. The client who is willing to continue using the Davis Symbol Mastery® steps will experience the most success.
- The following learning disabilities stem from the same cause as dyslexia, so they too can be corrected.
- Handwriting difficulties (dysgraphia)
- Math difficulties (dyscalculia)
- ADD ( attention deficit disorder)
- Auditory perception disorder
- Motor coordination difficulties
- Problems with time and order
THE FIRST STEP is a screening procedure to determine if the client would benefit from the program.
- Davis Perceptual Ability Assessment. A screening to determine the ability to perceive multi-dimensionally and tailor the program to the individual.
THE SECOND STEP occurs if the client qualifies for the program.
- Symptoms Profile Interview. A self-assessment is completed to assist the student in determining goals for program.
- Academic Assessments. These are given if appropriate, to evaluate word recognition skills, oral reading skills, listening comprehension and other skill components deemed appropriate.
The Program at Rio Grande Learning Solutions Dyslexia & ADD Correction:
- Is provided individually in a private setting by a certified, professional facilitator and personalized to meet each client’s needs.
- Benefits children, teenagers and adults equally.
- Is generally provided in one intensive week from 9:00 am to 4:00 pm. Other scheduling arrangements are available upon request.
- Includes support training for family member, friend, tutor or teacher.
- Components include the Davis Perceptual Ability Assessment, Davis Orientation Counseling®, Davis Symbol Mastery® exercises and coordination exercises.
- Three return visits as needed or requested by client.
- Fee includes a kit of learning materials to take home for further mastery.
- Provides a method of learning that can be used throughout life.
Professional services described as Davis®, including Davis Dyslexia Correction®, Davis Symbol Mastery®, Davis Orientation Counseling®, Davis® Attention Mastery, Davis® Math Mastery, and Davis® Reading Program for Young Learners may only be provided by persons who are trained and licensed as Davis Facilitators or Specialists by Davis Dyslexia Association International.